As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Must Pay Unemployment Tax?
An entity (person, partnership, corporation, etc.) that employs a worker may become liable for Missouri state unemployment tax. Liability depends on several factors, including the type of entity and the type of work being performed. CLICK HERE for a discussion of how an entity becomes liable. The Division uses the form "Report to Determine Liability Status" to gather information to see whether an entity is liable for state unemployment tax or not. Even entities which are not liable must complete and return this form. The same information may be provided online at Online Registration for New Business.If you are liable for state unemployment tax, the Division will send you an official written determination to that effect and you will receive "Quarterly Contribution and Wage Reports" on which to report your employees.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Missouri Employment Law
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What If Missouri And Federal Child Labor Law Do Not Agree?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Are Benefits Such As Vacation, Sick Leave And Health Insurance Required?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Can An Employer Require Their Employees To Work More Than Eight Hours A Day Or More Than 40 Hours Per Week?
- What is the minimum wage in Missouri?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Are My Benefits Figured?
- How Do I File My Weekly Claim?
- Can I Work Part Time And Receive Benefits?
- What Happens If I Receive An Overpayment?
- What Are Extended Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- How Do I Use The Modes-B-15 Card?
- What Will My Tax Rate Be?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Reporting Wages By Magnetic Media?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- What Will Happen After The Hearing?
- Will The Labor And Industrial Relations Commission Hold Another Hearing?
- What Is Prevailing Wage?
- What Is The On-Site Workplace Safety And Health Consultation Program?
- What Is The Mine Safety Program?
- I Am A Contractor. Do I Need Training?
- What Types Of Mining Operations Does The State Of Missouri Inspect?
- How Can I Schedule A Consultation To Help Me Compile A Proper Mine Safety And Health Program?