Who May Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
Unemployment benefits cover most people who have worked in Minnesota for private employers or state and local governments. It does not cover people who have worked only for the railroad or in selfemployment. You must be a U.S. citizen, a registered alien, or have permission to work in the United States. Exservice personnel may be eligible for unemployment benefits.
You qualify if you meet all of the following:
- have earned sufficient wage credits:
- are partially or totally unemployed through no fault of your own;
- are able to work;
- are available for employment;
- are actively seeking suitable employment.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in the state of Minnesota?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor Can Work?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Working In Certain Occupations?
- How Do I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Much Are Unemployment Benefits In Minnesota?
- Once I'm Eligible, What Do I Do To Receive Benefits?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- Are My Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Receive Benefits While Attending School?
- How Do I Stop My Account If I Return To Work?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- Do I Need To Report An Employee Who Worked For A Couple Of Hours Or Days And Then Quit?
- What If I Still Have More Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- Who Is Covered By Minnesota Prevailing Wage Laws?