Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
Yes, but you will need to report your gross earnings each week and continue to search for other suitable employment. Gross earnings are deducted in the following way:
- If your total gross earnings are equal to or greater than your weekly benefit amount for any week you claim, no benefits are paid for that week.
- If your total gross earnings are less than your weekly benefit amount for any week you claim, then the first $50 or 25 percent of your total earnings, whichever is more, is not deducted from your weekly benefit amount. The remainder of your earnings is deducted 100 percent.
You are not eligible for benefits if you work for an employer or in selfemployment 32 hours or more in a week even if your gross weekly earnings are less than your weekly benefit amount.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in the state of Minnesota?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor Can Work?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Working In Certain Occupations?
- Who May Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Much Are Unemployment Benefits In Minnesota?
- Once I'm Eligible, What Do I Do To Receive Benefits?
- Are My Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Receive Benefits While Attending School?
- How Do I Stop My Account If I Return To Work?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- Do I Need To Report An Employee Who Worked For A Couple Of Hours Or Days And Then Quit?
- What If I Still Have More Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- Who Is Covered By Minnesota Prevailing Wage Laws?