What Kind Of Training Is Allowable?
The Workforce Training Fund imposes few restrictions on training. What is taught, how it is taught, and when it is taught is up to the employer. There are no rigid standards for subject matter or hours of instruction. The duration of training may be up to two years. Training may be provided by inhouse expert trainers or external vendors.
Allowable training costs include those expenses that will occur during the course of the training grant period. Funds can be used to pay for the cost of training, but not for the costs of certification following the training. They may include costs for training providers, curriculum development, tuition, and supplies and equipment used for the training.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Massachusetts Employment Law
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Are Companies Required To Give Vacations?
- Are Employees Entitled To Breaks?
- What Is The Minimum Hourly Wage An Employer Must Pay Employees In Massachusetts?
- What Is The Requirement For Overtime Pay?
- How Old Must A Minor Be To Work?
- Can A Child Be Employed On The Entertainment Industry?
- Is An Employment Permit Transferable From One Job To Another?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Prevailing Wage?
- How Can An Employee Find The Prevailing Wage Rates For A Particular Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- What Is The Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Am I Still Eligible For Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- What Is The Medical Security Plan?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- Which Employers Are Liable For Unemployment Tax?
- How Do I Register My Business?
- What Is The Contribution Rate?
- How Does An Employer Get Started To Use Webfile For Employers?
- What Is The Workforce Training Fund?
- Who Is Eligible For Training?
- What Are The Matching Funds Requirements?
- How Will Grants Be Approved?
- How Can My Company Apply?