How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
There are three ways to do this using TeleCert, mailing a certification card, or online.
You may use TeleCert and get your checks weekly. When you use TeleCert there are no certification forms to fill out and mail. You simply answer the eligibility questions using the numbers on a touchtone telephone. With TeleCert, you make one weekly telephone call to certify your eligibility for your unemployment insurance benefits. You can even call on Sunday. When you are eligible for benefits, instead of getting your checks every two weeks, you can get your benefits weekly.
If you choose to file by mail, within one week from the time you file your claim, you will receive your first benefit claim certification form. Complete and mail each certification form you receive to the address preprinted on the card. When you are eligible for benefits, your check will be mailed to you. Attached to your check will be another certification card for the next two weeks. On each certification form you are signing for benefits for the prior twoweek period, and must meet all eligibility requirements for that time.
File your unemployment insurance claim for weekly benefits online. If you have chosen to claim benefits electronically, you may alternate between WebCert and Telecert. Click on the link below: WebCert
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Are Companies Required To Give Vacations?
- Are Employees Entitled To Breaks?
- What Is The Minimum Hourly Wage An Employer Must Pay Employees In Massachusetts?
- What Is The Requirement For Overtime Pay?
- How Old Must A Minor Be To Work?
- Can A Child Be Employed On The Entertainment Industry?
- Is An Employment Permit Transferable From One Job To Another?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Prevailing Wage?
- How Can An Employee Find The Prevailing Wage Rates For A Particular Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- What Is The Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Am I Still Eligible For Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- What Is The Medical Security Plan?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- Which Employers Are Liable For Unemployment Tax?
- How Do I Register My Business?
- What Is The Contribution Rate?
- How Does An Employer Get Started To Use Webfile For Employers?
- What Is The Workforce Training Fund?
- Who Is Eligible For Training?
- What Kind Of Training Is Allowable?
- What Are The Matching Funds Requirements?
- How Will Grants Be Approved?
- How Can My Company Apply?