How Does The Maryland Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Operate?
The MOSH strives to ensure that Maryland workplaces are safe and healthful through the use of enforcement, training, and consultation strategies. In addition to the federal standards, MOSH has adopted several regulations unique to Maryland.
MOSH covers every Maryland employer in a business, trade, commercial or industrial activity, who has one or more employees, including State and local governments. The MOSH Act does not apply to working conditions of employees of the federal government or any agency or instrumentality of a federal government agency. Those workers are covered under the Federal OSHA program.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Maryland Employment Law
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- How Can A Minor Obtain A Work Permit?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Am I Entitled To Rest And Meal Breaks?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Award Benefits?
- What is the minimum wage in Maryland?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- As An Employer With Employees In More Than One State, Where Do I Report?
- Is There A Penalty For Not Reporting?
- Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To Have Before Filing A Claim?
- Can I File For Benefits If I Am Working Part-Time?
- How Much Can I Receive In Benefits?
- How Do I File Continued Claims?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Payments Taxable?
- Where Can I Call To Get More Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- What Wages Are Taxable?
- What Is A "Reimbursable" Employer?
- How Are My Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports And Returns?
- What Happens If Violations Are Found During An Inspection?