How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports And Returns?
You are required to report your payroll and pay unemployment insurance taxes four times a year. Form DLLR/OUI 15/16 will be sent to you at the end of each quarter. You are required to report the amount of total "gross wages" paid each quarter on the "Contribution Return" and on the "Employment Report". Employers must also calculate and report the amount of total "taxable wages." For Maryland unemployment insurance purposes, "taxable wages" are defined as the first $8,500 earned by each employee in a calendar year.
Maryland employers with 100 or more employees are required to submit quarterly wage information on magnetic tape. In addition, diskette reporting is now available and smaller employers are encouraged to use this method. For more information, call (410) 7674380 or (410) 7672530 or click on the following links:
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- How Can A Minor Obtain A Work Permit?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Am I Entitled To Rest And Meal Breaks?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Award Benefits?
- What is the minimum wage in Maryland?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- As An Employer With Employees In More Than One State, Where Do I Report?
- Is There A Penalty For Not Reporting?
- Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To Have Before Filing A Claim?
- Can I File For Benefits If I Am Working Part-Time?
- How Much Can I Receive In Benefits?
- How Do I File Continued Claims?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Payments Taxable?
- Where Can I Call To Get More Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- What Wages Are Taxable?
- What Is A "Reimbursable" Employer?
- How Are My Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does The Maryland Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Operate?
- What Happens If Violations Are Found During An Inspection?