How Do I File Continued Claims?
You will file your continued claims by telephone. These continued claims are called Telecerts. Normally, you file a Telecert once every two weeks, which covers a twoweek period. However, for the first week of benefits, the Telecert will only cover a oneweek period. It is your responsibility to call in your Telecert immediately following the most recent week ending date printed on the "Notice of Available Benefit Weeks" that you receive in the mail. Failure to call in your Telecert timely causes a delay in benefits and may result in denial of benefits.
If you wish to file your biweekly Telecert, click here for the Telecert telephone numbers .
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- How Can A Minor Obtain A Work Permit?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Am I Entitled To Rest And Meal Breaks?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Award Benefits?
- What is the minimum wage in Maryland?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- As An Employer With Employees In More Than One State, Where Do I Report?
- Is There A Penalty For Not Reporting?
- Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To Have Before Filing A Claim?
- Can I File For Benefits If I Am Working Part-Time?
- How Much Can I Receive In Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Payments Taxable?
- Where Can I Call To Get More Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- What Wages Are Taxable?
- What Is A "Reimbursable" Employer?
- How Are My Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports And Returns?
- How Does The Maryland Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Operate?
- What Happens If Violations Are Found During An Inspection?