Can I File For Benefits If I Am Working Part-Time?
If you are working all of the hours your employer has available for you and your gross pay is less than your weekly benefit amount plus any dependentsÆ allowance, you may be eligible for partial benefits. However, you must still be able, available and actively seeking fulltime work.
Any income must be reported and staff will determine whether the monies will have an effect on your weekly benefit amount. When you file your initial claim or reopen your existing claim, you must report any of the following monies earned during that week: wages, pensions, annuities, holiday pay, vacation pay, severance pay, bonuses and special payments. When you file your biweekly continued claims for benefits, you must report all wages earned during the week in which the work was performed regardless of whether you were paid during that week.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Maryland Employment Law
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- How Can A Minor Obtain A Work Permit?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- Am I Entitled To Rest And Meal Breaks?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Award Benefits?
- What is the minimum wage in Maryland?
- What Is The New Hire Law?
- What Information Must I Report?
- How Do I Report?
- As An Employer With Employees In More Than One State, Where Do I Report?
- Is There A Penalty For Not Reporting?
- Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions About New Hire Reporting?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To Have Before Filing A Claim?
- How Much Can I Receive In Benefits?
- How Do I File Continued Claims?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Payments Taxable?
- Where Can I Call To Get More Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- What Wages Are Taxable?
- What Is A "Reimbursable" Employer?
- How Are My Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports And Returns?
- How Does The Maryland Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Operate?
- What Happens If Violations Are Found During An Inspection?