When And Where Will My Hearing Occur?
The Notice of Appeals Hearing will notify you of the date, time, and location of the hearing about 10 to 7 days before it is to occur.
If your hearing is to take place by telephone it will be marked as a Telephone Hearing on the official Notice of Appeals Hearing. If your hearing will be by telephone, any documents or other similar types of evidence you would like to present must be mailed to the Division of Administrative Hearings in time to distribute it to the opposing party before the hearing.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- Can I File A Claim Outside Of Maine?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- How Long Will It Take To Get My First Unemployment Check?
- How Will Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- Do I Need To Be Represented By An Attorney?
- What Can I Expect To Happen After The Hearing?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Register For An Employer Tax Account?
- If I Am Determined To Be Liable, How And When Do I Pay My Taxes?
- What is the minimum wage in Maine?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Me With Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Break Periods?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- What Posters Must Be Displayed?
- Who Do I Contact With Questions About Workplace Discrimination?
- Can I Refuse To Take A Drug Test?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?