What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?

If you do not agree with the decision of the Hearing Officer in your case, you can appeal that decision to the Unemployment Insurance Commission. The Commission may or may not grant you another hearing. The appeal must be filed within 15 days by writing to:

Unemployment Insurance Commission
40 Forest Falls Drive
Yarmouth, ME 04096

Telephone: (207) 846­2000
Fax: (207) 846­5216

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources