Can I File A Claim Outside Of Maine?
Yes, You can file a claim by telephone from any other state. The number to call from out of state is (207) 7532800. If you live in Canada, you should contact your nearest unemployment office for instructions.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- How Long Will It Take To Get My First Unemployment Check?
- How Will Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- When And Where Will My Hearing Occur?
- Do I Need To Be Represented By An Attorney?
- What Can I Expect To Happen After The Hearing?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Register For An Employer Tax Account?
- If I Am Determined To Be Liable, How And When Do I Pay My Taxes?
- What is the minimum wage in Maine?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Me With Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Break Periods?
- What Is The Law Regarding Paydays?
- What Posters Must Be Displayed?
- Who Do I Contact With Questions About Workplace Discrimination?
- Can I Refuse To Take A Drug Test?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?