What Will Happen At The Appeals Hearing?
At the hearing, the Administrative Law Judge will place the parties and any witnesses under oath and question them about the issues involved in the appeal. The parties can appear alone or with a representative. A representative can be an attorney or any other person the party chooses to help present the case.
The parties should bring along any documents or witnesses that may possibly help their case. The parties can send a written request to the Judge to have witnesses and/or documents subpoenaed for the hearing. The request must contain the name and home address of the witness, and a specific statement of what the testimony or documents will prove. The request must be received at least 72 hours (three days) before the time of the hearing.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Claim?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Will I Receive My First Check?
- Can I Claim Weekly Benefits By Telephone?
- Are Ui Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work And Still Receive Partial Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit Or I Am Fired?
- Does The Receipt Of Vacation Or Severance Pay Affect The Claim?
- Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Happens After The Hearing?
- Which Employers Must Pay Unemployment Compensation Tax?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- How Do I Pay My Unemployment Taxes?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- Must My Employer Provide Rest Or Breaks?
- How Do I File A Claim For Discrimination?
- What is the minimum wage in Louisiana?