Please Explain The New Hire Program?
All employers must report all new hires and rehires within 20 days. The New Hire Report must contain, at a minimum, the name, address, occupation, and social security number of the employee; and the name, address, and federal employer identification number of the employer.
Reporting may be accomplished by any of the following methods:
Internet This option is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is the only method with which you receive a confirmation of receipt. You may report On Line . This site enables the employer to report new employees by manually entering new hire data online. Or you may report by File Transfer Protocal (FTP) . This site enables the employer to upload new hire data files. These files must be formatted in a specific layout as outlined in the New Hire Media Guide.
Phone: 8882231461 (2 or less) FAX: 8882231462
Mail Send information to
Support Enforcement Services
New Hire Reporting Program
P.O. Box 2151
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
Diskette Mail to above address
Tape/Cartridge Send information to
P. O. Box 3957
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
Attn: LASES New Hire
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Claim?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Will I Receive My First Check?
- Can I Claim Weekly Benefits By Telephone?
- Are Ui Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work And Still Receive Partial Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit Or I Am Fired?
- Does The Receipt Of Vacation Or Severance Pay Affect The Claim?
- Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Will Happen At The Appeals Hearing?
- What Happens After The Hearing?
- Which Employers Must Pay Unemployment Compensation Tax?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- How Do I Pay My Unemployment Taxes?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- Must My Employer Provide Rest Or Breaks?
- How Do I File A Claim For Discrimination?
- What is the minimum wage in Louisiana?