How Do I Pay My Unemployment Taxes?
Each quarter, the Louisiana Department of Labor will mail you the necessary forms and instructions during the month following the end of the taxable quarter. However, the employer is responsible for obtaining the necessary forms if none are received in the mail. Those forms are available online as is an online filing option.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Claim?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Will I Receive My First Check?
- Can I Claim Weekly Benefits By Telephone?
- Are Ui Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work And Still Receive Partial Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit Or I Am Fired?
- Does The Receipt Of Vacation Or Severance Pay Affect The Claim?
- Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Will Happen At The Appeals Hearing?
- What Happens After The Hearing?
- Which Employers Must Pay Unemployment Compensation Tax?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- Must My Employer Provide Rest Or Breaks?
- How Do I File A Claim For Discrimination?
- What is the minimum wage in Louisiana?