How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?

To file a claim for unemployment insurance, report in person to the nearest job center with proof of identification, such as a driver's license, and a social security card. Bring the names and addresses and job­site locations of any employers for whom you worked during the last 18 months.

If you served in the military during the last 18 months, bring in your member­4 copy of your DD214. If you worked for a federal employer during the last 18 months, bring in proof of wages. Also bring your SF­8 and SF­50, if available. However, do not delay filing if you cannot locate your federal documents.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources