Can I Work And Still Receive Partial Benefits?
You may be eligible to receive partial unemployment benefits if you are employed at your regular job but your work hours have been reduced temporarily to less than fulltime and you are currently earning less than your weekly unemployment benefit amount. If you choose to file a partial claim for benefits, you do not have to make an active search for work with other employers during those weeks.
You may also be eligible for partial benefits if you are separated from your regular job and have accepted parttime work or odd jobs but earn less than your weekly benefit amount. If you file a claim while working parttime, you will generally be required to make an active search for fulltime work during each week that you claim benefits. You must also report the wages you earned from this parttime work when you file your weekly claim for benefits.
Amounts earned over 50% of the weekly benefit amount, or $50, whichever is lower, will be deducted from the weekly benefit amount.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Claim?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Will I Receive My First Check?
- Can I Claim Weekly Benefits By Telephone?
- Are Ui Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit Or I Am Fired?
- Does The Receipt Of Vacation Or Severance Pay Affect The Claim?
- Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Will Happen At The Appeals Hearing?
- What Happens After The Hearing?
- Which Employers Must Pay Unemployment Compensation Tax?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- How Do I Pay My Unemployment Taxes?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- Must My Employer Provide Rest Or Breaks?
- How Do I File A Claim For Discrimination?
- What is the minimum wage in Louisiana?