What Hours Can Children Work?
Minors 14 & 15 years of age are permitted to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (9:00 p.m. June 1 through Labor Day). When school is in session, they may work up to 3 hours per day Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day Saturday and Sunday, and 18 hours per week. When school is not in session, the maximum is 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week.
Minors 16 & 17 years of age are permitted to work between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 1:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday when school is in session. When school is in session, they may work up to 6 hours per day Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day Saturday and Sunday, and 40 hours per week. When school is not in session, there are no restrictions on number of maximum hours.
Minors under 18 years of age shall not be permitted to work more than five hours continuously without an interval of at least thirty minutes for a lunch period.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements To Draw Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Claim Partial Benefits?
- When Do Extended Benefits Go Into Effect?
- How Much Can A Claimant Receive In Extended Benefits?
- Please Explain Electronic Claims Filing.
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For State Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
- How Do I Report Wages And Pay Unemployment Tax?
- How Is My Tax Rate Determined?
- What Are Reimbursing Accounts?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Certain Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What is the minimum wage in Kentucky?
- How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me If I Quit?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?