How Do I Report Wages And Pay Unemployment Tax?
Once you become liable, you will be required to file a report at the end of each calendar quarter listing your employees and their wages and compute and pay tax based on your payroll. Most employers file on form UI3, "Employer Quarterly Unemployment Wage and Tax Report." Forms are mailed to employers with active accounts at the end of each quarter. These reports are preprinted with the business name and address, account numbers, due date, tax rate, and prior credit or debit balances. If you do not receive a preprinted report by the middle of the month following the end of the quarter, contact the tax branch or your nearest local office to obtain a replacement copy.
You may also submit your tax and wage report online.
Employers who have 250 or more employees are required to file by magnetic media. CD, FTP, or DISKETTE are accepted. Smaller employers may also use magnetic media if they choose. Filing requirements for magnetic media are outlined in the Magnetic Media Reporting Manual which may be obtained by calling (502) 5642168.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements To Draw Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Claim Partial Benefits?
- When Do Extended Benefits Go Into Effect?
- How Much Can A Claimant Receive In Extended Benefits?
- Please Explain Electronic Claims Filing.
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For State Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
- How Is My Tax Rate Determined?
- What Are Reimbursing Accounts?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- What Hours Can Children Work?
- Are There Certain Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Child Labor Laws?
- What is the minimum wage in Kentucky?
- How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me If I Quit?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?