What Is The New Hire Law?
The new hire law requires employers to report, within 20 days of hire, each new hire, rehire, or employee returning to work. The employer must report the following:
- Social Security number, name and address of the new hire, AND the
- Employer's name, address and federal employer's identification number.
There are a variety of ways to comply with the new statute. Employers may mail or fax a W4 with items 1, 2, 8 and 10 completed or use an equivalent, alternative report.
Where to report:
By mail: New Hire Directory, PO Box 3510, Topeka, KS 666013510
By fax: (888) 2197798 or 2913423 in Topeka
With a PIN (personal identification number), you may key in new hires from the web form . To request a PIN number, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your FEIN and state unemployment tax number with your request.For information on uploading a new hire file, CLICK HERE for helpful FTP tips.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Employer Contribution Rate?
- How Do I Report Wages And Pay Taxes?
- Where Do I Report If I Have Employees In More Than One State?
- Where Can I Get More Information On The New Hire Program?
- How Old Does A Child Have To Be In Order To Work?
- What Hours Can Children Work?
- Are There Certain Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- How Often Does My Employer Have To Pay Me?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- If I Am Overpaid, Can My Employer Deduct The Amount Of The Overpayment From My Paycheck?
- When Is My Employer Required To Pay Me Overtime?
- Does My Employer Have To Offer Vacation Or Sick Leave?
- Must An Employer Provide Rest Breaks For Workers?
- Is An Employee Required To Give Two Weeks Notice When Quitting A Job?
- Can My Employer Make Me Take A Drug Test?
- Is An Employer Required To Pay For Jury Duty Or Allow Time Off For Jury Duty?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Refuses To Pay Me?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Calculated?
- How Do I File Weekly Claims For Benefits?
- What Is A One-Week Waiting Period?
- Can I Work Part Time And Receive Benefits?
- Will Other Income Reduce My Benefits?
- What Are Extended Benefits?
- Are My Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Get Help Finding A Job?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?