What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Administrative Law Judges Decision?

If you or the employer disagrees with the administrative law judge's decision, it may be appealed to the Employment Appeal Board. The appeal must be postmarked within 15 calendar days from the mailing date of the administrative law judge's decision.

The Employment Appeal Board does not hold hearings. The board decides each case by reviewing all the evidence that was presented to the administrative law judge. The board may affirm or reverse the administrative law judge's decision or may send the case to the administrative law judge for further review or order a new hearing and decision if they feel the evidence in the administrative law judge's hearing is not sufficient or is incomplete.

If you disagree with the Employment Appeal Board decision, you may file a petition for judicial review in Iowa District Court or request a rehearing before the Appeal Board.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources