What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Administrative Law Judges Decision?
If you or the employer disagrees with the administrative law judge's decision, it may be appealed to the Employment Appeal Board. The appeal must be postmarked within 15 calendar days from the mailing date of the administrative law judge's decision.
The Employment Appeal Board does not hold hearings. The board decides each case by reviewing all the evidence that was presented to the administrative law judge. The board may affirm or reverse the administrative law judge's decision or may send the case to the administrative law judge for further review or order a new hearing and decision if they feel the evidence in the administrative law judge's hearing is not sufficient or is incomplete.
If you disagree with the Employment Appeal Board decision, you may file a petition for judicial review in Iowa District Court or request a rehearing before the Appeal Board.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Can I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Attend School?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- Who Are Liable Employers?
- How Do I Apply For An Iowa Unemployment Account?
- How Do I Report The Wages I Paid To My Employees?
- How Are Employer Accounts Charged For Benefits Paid?
- Where Can I Obtain Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance Taxes?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Posters Must An Employer Display?
- What is the minimum wage in Iowa?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?