How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
Your weekly benefit amount is determined by your gross wages from all covered employers in the high quarter of your base period. The base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters at the time you file your initial claim for benefits. It is also determined by the number of dependents you claim. The minimum and maximum weekly benefit amounts change each year for new claims filed after the first Sunday in July.
The most you can receive during your benefit year is 26 times your weekly benefit amount or onethird of your total baseperiod wages, whichever is less. If you are unemployed due to your employer closing at the location you were last employed, your maximum benefit amount may be increased to 39 times your WBA or onehalf your total baseperiod wages, whichever is less.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Can I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Attend School?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Administrative Law Judges Decision?
- Who Are Liable Employers?
- How Do I Apply For An Iowa Unemployment Account?
- How Do I Report The Wages I Paid To My Employees?
- How Are Employer Accounts Charged For Benefits Paid?
- Where Can I Obtain Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance Taxes?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Posters Must An Employer Display?
- What is the minimum wage in Iowa?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?