How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be totally or partially unemployment;
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own;
- Be able and available for work;
- Be registered for work at your local Workforce Development Center, unless waived; and
- Be actively seeking work.
To be monetarily eligible, you must have:
- Earned and been paid wages by employers covered by unemployment insurance in two or more quarters of your base period (the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters at the time you file your initial claim for benefits).
- Total baseperiod earnings of at least 1.25 times the wages you earned in your highest baseperiod quarter.
- A minimum amount of wages in the high and low quarters of your base period.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Can I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Attend School?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Administrative Law Judges Decision?
- Who Are Liable Employers?
- How Do I Apply For An Iowa Unemployment Account?
- How Do I Report The Wages I Paid To My Employees?
- How Are Employer Accounts Charged For Benefits Paid?
- Where Can I Obtain Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance Taxes?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Posters Must An Employer Display?
- What is the minimum wage in Iowa?