How Do I Claim Weekly Benefits?
Each week you are unemployed and want to claim benefit payments, you must certify that you:
- are unemployed or working reduced hours;
- are able and available for work;
- have not refused any job offers or referrals to a job;
- are actively looking for work (unless waived); and
- are reporting any pay or private pension you may be receiving.
To file your weeklycontinued claim by telephone, just call the continued claims reporting system at (800) 8505627 (outside the Des Moines area) or 2816231 (in the Des Moines calling area). An Interactive Voice Response unit (IVR) will answer and will ask you the eligibility questions one at a time.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Can I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Much Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Work Part Time?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Attend School?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Administrative Law Judges Decision?
- Who Are Liable Employers?
- How Do I Apply For An Iowa Unemployment Account?
- How Do I Report The Wages I Paid To My Employees?
- How Are Employer Accounts Charged For Benefits Paid?
- Where Can I Obtain Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance Taxes?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Posters Must An Employer Display?
- What is the minimum wage in Iowa?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?