When Should I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
File your claim during your first week of total or partial unemployment. Your claim, in most cases, will start with the Sunday of the week in which you first file your claim. Before any benefits can be paid, you must serve a waiting week. To serve the waiting week, you must have filed a claim and be entitled to benefits in all respects. You must also call the TelAClaim system or submit a paper Continued Claim Report to report for your waiting week. You will not be paid benefits for the waiting week. You will only have to serve one waiting week per benefit year.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- Can I Work And Still Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Check For The First Week I Was On Ui?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Can I Get Information About My Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Filing An Appeal?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Examiners Decision?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- What Are The Reporting Requirements?
- What Tax Rate Will I Be Required To Pay?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Do I Report New Hires?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- What is the minimum wage in Idaho?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Is There A Law Regarding Paydays?
- Is My Employer Required To Provide Vacation Or Sick Pay?