Is There A Law Regarding Paydays?
Every employer shall pay all wages due to its employees at least once during each calendar month on regular paydays designated in advance. The end of a pay period for which payment is made on a regular pay period shall not be more than fifteen days before such regular payday.
Upon layoff or termination by either the employer or the employee, all wages due must be paid to the employee the earlier of the next regularly scheduled payday or within ten days of termination, weekends and holidays excluded. If the employee makes a written request for earlier payment of his wages, all wages then due must be paid within forty eight hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- Can I Work And Still Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Check For The First Week I Was On Ui?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Can I Get Information About My Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Filing An Appeal?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Examiners Decision?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- What Are The Reporting Requirements?
- What Tax Rate Will I Be Required To Pay?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Do I Report New Hires?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- What is the minimum wage in Idaho?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Is My Employer Required To Provide Vacation Or Sick Pay?