How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
To qualify for unemployment benefits, you must meet eligibility requirements. You must be totally or partially unemployed through no fault of your own. You must have been laid off due to lack of work, voluntarily quit with good cause connected with the employment, or been discharged but not for misconduct. You must be physically able to work fulltime, ready to go to work, and be willing and able to accept both full and parttime work.
In addition to the above, you must establish monetary entitlement to benefits by having sufficient earnings in the base period. The base period is the four quarters of earnings that are used to determine how much unemployment you qualify for. The four quarters used are the first four of the last five completed quarters. You must have worked and been paid wages for employment in at least two of the quarters in your base period; have been paid at least $1,326 in wages in one of those quarters and the total wages paid you in your base period must equal one and a quarter times your highest quarter wages.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- Can I Work And Still Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Check For The First Week I Was On Ui?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Can I Get Information About My Claim?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Filing An Appeal?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Examiners Decision?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- What Are The Reporting Requirements?
- What Tax Rate Will I Be Required To Pay?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Do I Report New Hires?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- What is the minimum wage in Idaho?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Is There A Law Regarding Paydays?
- Is My Employer Required To Provide Vacation Or Sick Pay?