What is the minimum wage in Hawaii?
The minimum wage in Hawaii is currently $7.25 per hour.
Workers who are exempt from the minimum wage law are those at a guaranteed monthly salary of $2000 per month; State and County workers (who are covered instead by HRS 78 and HRS 89); workers in coffee harvesting operations; agricultural workers if employer has fewer than 20 employees; domestic workers; houseparents in charitable organizations; employer's relatives (brother, sister, brotherinlaw, sisterinlaw, son, daughter, spouse, parent, parentinlaw); those employed in bona fide executive, administrative, supervisory, or professional capacity; outside salespersons or collectors; those in fish or aquatic farming industry prior to first processing; seafarers; oncall, fixed stand vehicle drivers; golf caddies; student employees of nonprofit school; seasonal employees of certain nonprofit youth camps; and automobile or truck salespersons for licensed dealer.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- How Do I File For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Much Money Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Is The Tax Rate For A New Employer?
- How Do I Register As An Employer With The Unemployment Insurance Division?
- When Do I File The Tax Reporting Forms?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- What Is The Law Regarding Required Paydays?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Can An Employer Report?
- What Action Can I Take If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?