How Do I File For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
You can file a new claim for unemployment insurance benefits, reopen an existing claim, and claim weekly benefits by calling the telephone filing system, "Hawaii TeleClaim." If you are in the State of Hawaii, call 6435555 or 18772155793 toll free if you are outside of Hawaii. You can call Hawaii TeleClaim, Sunday through Thursday from 6:30 am to 12:00 am, and Friday from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm, Hawaii Standard Time.
When you call Hawaii TeleClaim, you need to have your social security number, and if you are not a U.S. citizen, you need your alien registration number available. You will need to provide information for all your employers during the past 18 months, such as the employer's name, address, zipcode, phone number, dates of employment, and reason for separation. If you were in the military in the past 18 months, you should have your DD214 (Member 4) available. If you worked for the federal government in the past 18 months, you should have your Standard Form 8 available. (If you do not have your Standard Form 8, you should have your Standard 50 or pay stubs available.)
Your claim begins from the Sunday of the week in which it is filed. If you delay and do not file immediately, you will not receive credit for past weeks. Your claim will start only from the week in which you file.
You must file a continued claim for each week that you wish to receive benefits and the continued claim must be filed on time (within 7 days after the period being claimed, or within 14 days with good cause for late filing).
If you cannot file your claim by telephone, you can report inperson to your nearest local office to file a claim in person.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Much Money Can I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Is The Tax Rate For A New Employer?
- How Do I Register As An Employer With The Unemployment Insurance Division?
- When Do I File The Tax Reporting Forms?
- What is the minimum wage in Hawaii?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- What Is The Law Regarding Required Paydays?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Can An Employer Report?
- What Action Can I Take If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?