How Do I Claim Benefits Each Week?
Once you file your claim, you will be required to certify as to your eligibility for each week you claim benefits. You may report by telephone using the telephone response system OLIVoR:
OLIVoR Telephone Numbers
Albany 9124302979 Gainesville 7705356955
Athens 7063696081 Griffin 7704124716
Atlanta area 4046566000 LaGrange 7068454227
Augusta 7067212011 Macon 9127514400
Brunswick 9122623311 Milledgeville 9124456421
Carrollton 7708302387 Moultrie 9128917140
Cartersville 7703874091 Rome 7062956145
Columbus 7066491141 Savannah 9123533168
Dalton 7062722193 Statesboro 9128711200
Douglas 9123894435 Tifton 9123867300
Dublin 9122756890 Valdosta 9122453837
Interstate Claimants: Call (404) 6566000 or the OLIVoR number for the above Georgia city closest to you.
The OLIVoR telephone system and the online Internet system are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition to using OLIVoR and the Internet to certify, you may also ask about the payment status of your check.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Georgia Employment Law
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Qualify Under Monetary Requirements?
- How Do I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Much Compensation Will I Receive?
- Can I File A Claim If I Earned Wages In Another State?
- Can I Work While I Am Drawing Benefits?
- Is A Claimant Eligible For Benefits If He Or She Quit Or Was Terminated?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- Do I Have To Repay Any Overpayment Of Benefits?
- Am I Eligible If I Received A Retirement Pension Or Severance Pay?
- What If I Disagree With A Denial Of Unemployment Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?
- Can I Appeal The Board Of Review's Decision?
- How Do I Determine Whether Or Not I Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Set Up An Unemployment Insurance Tax Account In Georgia?
- How Is My Tax Rate Calculated?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Child Labor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Working In Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Special Requirements For Employment In The Entertainment Industry?
- What is the minimum wage in Georgia?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Breaks?
- What Is The Law For Child Support And Employers?
- Why Do We Need This Law?
- Who Needs To Report?
- Whom Must Employers Report?
- Is Anyone Exempt From This Law?
- When Must An Employer Report?
- What Information Must An Employer Report?
- How Does An Employer Report?
- Where Does The Employer Send The Reports?
- I Report Employee Information To The Georgia Department Of Labor Every Quarter. Why Must I Report It When I Hire?
- Does An Employer Have To Report If They Do Not Hire Anyone?
- Do Temporary Services Have To Report All Their New Hires For Every Assignment?
- What If An Employee Worked A Couple Days And Then Quit?
- Is A Post Office Box Sufficient For An Employer Address?
- Do An Employer Have To Include My Fein On Line 10 Of The W4? The Instructions Say To Only Include It If I Sent It To The Irs.
- What An Employer Has Other Questions Regarding Child Support?
- How Is The Information Going To Be Used?
- Who Will Have This Information?
- What Are The Advantages For Employers?
- If I Take Over A Business, Do I Have To Report All The Employees?
- Are Labor Unions And Hiring Halls Required To Report?
- As A Multistate Employer; Do I Have To Report To Each State In Which I Have Employees?
- How Will States In Which I Have Employees Working Know That I Have Selected Another State To Receive My New Hire Reports?