Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
There are only restrictions for minors 15 years of age and under. They are as follows:
- 3 Hrs on a school day
- 8 Hrs on a nonschool day.
- 18 Hrs in a school week.
- 40 Hrs in a nonschool week.
- Not before: 7:00 a.m.
- Not after: 7:00 p.m.
Evening hour extended to 9:00 p.m. for period June 1, through Labor Day. May not work during normal school hours.
Minors who work for a parent or guardian who owns the business are exempt from these restrictions.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Georgia Employment Law
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Qualify Under Monetary Requirements?
- How Do I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Much Compensation Will I Receive?
- How Do I Claim Benefits Each Week?
- Can I File A Claim If I Earned Wages In Another State?
- Can I Work While I Am Drawing Benefits?
- Is A Claimant Eligible For Benefits If He Or She Quit Or Was Terminated?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- Do I Have To Repay Any Overpayment Of Benefits?
- Am I Eligible If I Received A Retirement Pension Or Severance Pay?
- What If I Disagree With A Denial Of Unemployment Benefits?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?
- Can I Appeal The Board Of Review's Decision?
- How Do I Determine Whether Or Not I Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Set Up An Unemployment Insurance Tax Account In Georgia?
- How Is My Tax Rate Calculated?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Child Labor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Working In Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Special Requirements For Employment In The Entertainment Industry?
- What is the minimum wage in Georgia?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Breaks?
- What Is The Law For Child Support And Employers?
- Why Do We Need This Law?
- Who Needs To Report?
- Whom Must Employers Report?
- Is Anyone Exempt From This Law?
- When Must An Employer Report?
- What Information Must An Employer Report?
- How Does An Employer Report?
- Where Does The Employer Send The Reports?
- I Report Employee Information To The Georgia Department Of Labor Every Quarter. Why Must I Report It When I Hire?
- Does An Employer Have To Report If They Do Not Hire Anyone?
- Do Temporary Services Have To Report All Their New Hires For Every Assignment?
- What If An Employee Worked A Couple Days And Then Quit?
- Is A Post Office Box Sufficient For An Employer Address?
- Do An Employer Have To Include My Fein On Line 10 Of The W4? The Instructions Say To Only Include It If I Sent It To The Irs.
- What An Employer Has Other Questions Regarding Child Support?
- How Is The Information Going To Be Used?
- Who Will Have This Information?
- What Are The Advantages For Employers?
- If I Take Over A Business, Do I Have To Report All The Employees?
- Are Labor Unions And Hiring Halls Required To Report?
- As A Multistate Employer; Do I Have To Report To Each State In Which I Have Employees?
- How Will States In Which I Have Employees Working Know That I Have Selected Another State To Receive My New Hire Reports?