What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Referee Decision?

After receiving the Appeals Referee Decision, either party to the decision may file a request for review by the Unemployment Appeals Commission (U.A.C.). The agency itself may also request such a review in cases where there appears to be procedural error. The U.A.C. reviews all documentation and tapes of the Appeals Hearing and rules as to whether or not the Appeals Referee's decision was in accordance with the law as well as whether or not proper procedure was followed.

A claimant or employer may file the appeal either in person or by mail within 20 days of the mailing date of the adjudicator's determination. If filing by mail, the postmark date will serve as the date filed when completing the request form (UCA­1).

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources