I Am Moving My Employees Out Of Dc. Can I Get A Refund Of The Money I Paid Into My Account?

No. Amounts paid by employers are deposited in the District Unemployment Fund, which is an account in the Unemployment Trust Fund in the Treasury of the United States. The District maintains a separate account for each employer that is credited for contributions received, credited for interest distributions when the account has a positive balance and debited for charges applied against the account. Funds credited to an employer's account are not refundable.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources