After I Register As An Employer In The District Of Columbia, How And When Do I Report On My Employees As A Non-Household Or Household Employer?

Non­household employers are required to file an Employer's Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report (Form UC­30) each quarter. Employers who only employ household help have the option to file wage information and pay contributions on an annual basis using Employer's Annual Contribution and Wage Report (Form UC­30H). Household employers should read the Annual Filer Fact Sheet* before selecting a filing schedule.
  • Quarterly filers are mailed UC­30s near the end of each quarter.
  • Quarterly reports are due on April 30, July 31, October 31 and January 31.
  • Annual filers receive an optional UC­30H­WORKSHEET* early in the calendar year that can be used to record monthly employment levels and wages paid to each employee during each quarter of that calendar year. This information is still needed to complete the required UC­30H. The UC­30H form will be sent to annual filers in January of each year to be completed for the prior calendar year.
  • The UC­30H is due on or before April 15 following the end of the tax year.
  • Both quarterly and annual reporting forms are pre­printed with the employer name and address, account number, quarter and year to be reported, due date and tax rate to be used in computing the tax due.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources