What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?
If there is still a disagreement, any party may appeal to the Unemployment Insurance Appeal Board. The appeal must be filed to the Board within 10 days of the mailing date on the Referee's decision. You must be specific as to your reasons for the appeal. Filing procedures are the same as those for the Lower Authority Appeals Unit.
The Appeal Board makes the final administrative review of your appeal. The Board does not hold hearings on every appeal request. Most cases are settled based upon a review of the formal record of the Referee Hearing, the Referee's Decision and the pertinent law.
A decision made by the Appeal Board may be appealed to Superior Court The Appeal Board will advise you on how to file such an appeal at the time you receive its decision.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Delaware?
- How Often Must My Employer Pay My Wages?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Brakes?
- Does My Employer Have To Pay Me Time And A Half For Working Overtime?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- How Do I Know Whether An Employer Has Illegally Discriminated Against Me?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- What Should I Do If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Be Employed?
- What Does The Office Of Safety & Health Consultation Do?
- What Is Sharp?
- What Is The Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Statistics?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- How Often Do I Have To File Claims?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- How Is The Hearing Conducted?
- For The Purpose Of Paying Unemployment Taxes, How Do I Know If I Fit The Definition Of "Employer"?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- How Are Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- Please Explain The Prevailing Wage Law.