What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?

If there is still a disagreement, any party may appeal to the Unemployment Insurance Appeal Board. The appeal must be filed to the Board within 10 days of the mailing date on the Referee's decision. You must be specific as to your reasons for the appeal. Filing procedures are the same as those for the Lower Authority Appeals Unit.

The Appeal Board makes the final administrative review of your appeal. The Board does not hold hearings on every appeal request. Most cases are settled based upon a review of the formal record of the Referee Hearing, the Referee's Decision and the pertinent law.

A decision made by the Appeal Board may be appealed to Superior Court The Appeal Board will advise you on how to file such an appeal at the time you receive its decision.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources