What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
If you do not agree with your monetary determination, or if you disagree with a determination that you are ineligible/disqualified for benefits, you may request a hearing before a referee. You may submit a request for a hearing in person or by writing to your local office. Requests for Appeals must be filed in person or be postmarked within 10 days of the date of the Notice of Determination.
A hearing is usually scheduled within a few weeks after an appeal is filed. All parties will receive a Notice of Hearing, including the time, date, location and issues to be covered in the hearing.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Delaware?
- How Often Must My Employer Pay My Wages?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Brakes?
- Does My Employer Have To Pay Me Time And A Half For Working Overtime?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- How Do I Know Whether An Employer Has Illegally Discriminated Against Me?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- What Should I Do If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Be Employed?
- What Does The Office Of Safety & Health Consultation Do?
- What Is Sharp?
- What Is The Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Statistics?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- How Often Do I Have To File Claims?
- How Is The Hearing Conducted?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?
- For The Purpose Of Paying Unemployment Taxes, How Do I Know If I Fit The Definition Of "Employer"?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- How Are Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- Please Explain The Prevailing Wage Law.