How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
You can open an unemployment insurance employer account by filing a Form UC1, Report to Determine Liability and if Liable Application for Employer Account Number. Click here for the UC1 form or you may request form UC1 by phone on (302) 7618484 or by writing to the Employer Contribution Operations, P.O. Box 9953, Wilmington, DE 19809.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Delaware?
- How Often Must My Employer Pay My Wages?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Brakes?
- Does My Employer Have To Pay Me Time And A Half For Working Overtime?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- How Do I Know Whether An Employer Has Illegally Discriminated Against Me?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- What Should I Do If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Be Employed?
- What Does The Office Of Safety & Health Consultation Do?
- What Is Sharp?
- What Is The Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Statistics?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- How Often Do I Have To File Claims?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- How Is The Hearing Conducted?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?
- For The Purpose Of Paying Unemployment Taxes, How Do I Know If I Fit The Definition Of "Employer"?
- How Are Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- Please Explain The Prevailing Wage Law.