How Do I Know Whether An Employer Has Illegally Discriminated Against Me?
You may have been discriminated against if you were treated differently from other employees because of your race, color, age (4070), sex, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or disability. Employers of 4 or more employees, labor organizations, employment agencies, and joint labormanagement committees for apprenticeship or training are covered by this law.
Employers are prohibited by State Law from discriminating against any employee because of disability and requires the employment and advancement of qualified individuals with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of a job. This law applies to any employer with 15 or more employees.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Delaware?
- How Often Must My Employer Pay My Wages?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Brakes?
- Does My Employer Have To Pay Me Time And A Half For Working Overtime?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- What Should I Do If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Be Employed?
- What Does The Office Of Safety & Health Consultation Do?
- What Is Sharp?
- What Is The Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Statistics?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- How Often Do I Have To File Claims?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- How Is The Hearing Conducted?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?
- For The Purpose Of Paying Unemployment Taxes, How Do I Know If I Fit The Definition Of "Employer"?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- How Are Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- Please Explain The Prevailing Wage Law.