What is the minimum wage in Delaware?
The minimum wage in Delaware is $7.15. Exceptions to the minimum wage include employees in agriculture; employees in domestic service in or about private homes; employees of the United States Government; outside commission paid salespeople, bona fide executives, administrators, and professionals; employees engaged in fishing and fish processing at sea; volunteer workers (for educational, religious or nonprofit organizations); junior camp counselors employed by nonprofit summer camp programs; and inmates participating in Department of Correction programs.
The minimum cash wage payable to employees who receive tips is $2.23 per hour. Tips may not be taken or retained by an employer except as required by law. Tip pooling is permitted (under certain circumstances) in an amount not to exceed 15% of the actual tips received by the employee.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Often Must My Employer Pay My Wages?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- Am I Entitled To Meal And Rest Brakes?
- Does My Employer Have To Pay Me Time And A Half For Working Overtime?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- How Do I Know Whether An Employer Has Illegally Discriminated Against Me?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- What Should I Do If I Feel I Have Been Discriminated Against?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Be Employed?
- What Does The Office Of Safety & Health Consultation Do?
- What Is Sharp?
- What Is The Office Of Occupational Safety And Health Statistics?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Benefits?
- How Often Do I Have To File Claims?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- How Is The Hearing Conducted?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Referee's Decision?
- For The Purpose Of Paying Unemployment Taxes, How Do I Know If I Fit The Definition Of "Employer"?
- How Does My Business Register As A "New" Employer?
- How Are Tax Rates Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- Please Explain The Prevailing Wage Law.