What Should I Do If I Receive An Overpayment?

A Notice of Overpayment is mailed to claimants who have been paid benefits they were not eligible to receive. The notice shows the amount of overpayment and penalties, if any. In addition, the notice explains why you were overpaid and provides information about your appeal rights.

Send a check or money order to:

EDD Cashiering, Benefit Recovery
State of California
PO Box 826806
Sacramento, CA 94206­0001
Include your name and social security account number on the check or money order.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More