What Should I Do If I Receive An Overpayment?
A Notice of Overpayment is mailed to claimants who have been paid benefits they were not eligible to receive. The notice shows the amount of overpayment and penalties, if any. In addition, the notice explains why you were overpaid and provides information about your appeal rights.
Send a check or money order to:
EDD Cashiering, Benefit Recovery
State of California
PO Box 826806
Sacramento, CA 942060001
Include your name and social security account number on the check or money order.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- California Employment Law
- What Does The State Of California Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill Of Rights Act (Pobar) Govern?
- Who Does The Pobar Act Cover?
- What Administrative Body May Impose Remedies For A Violation Of The Pobar Act?
- Does The Pobar Act Apply If An Officer Is Interrogated By An Outside Agency?
- How Do Self-Incrimination And The Lybarger Warning Affect An Interrogation Under The Pobar Act?
- How Does The Pobar Act Apply To Interrogations By The Press Or Media?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Adverse Entries Into An Officer's Personnel File?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Employer Searches And The Officer's
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Polygraph Examinations?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat The Officer's Right To An Administrative Appeal?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat The Right Of Privacy Of Personal Property?
- Under The Pobar Act Can The Officer's Representative Be Forced To Disclose Everything?
- Under The Pobar Act How Long Can An Employer Take To Conduct An Investigation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules For The Scheduling Of An Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules Regarding The Nature Of The Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules Regarding The Recording Of An Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Can A Statement At The Interrogation Be Admissible In Civil Proceedings?
- Under The Pobar Act Can An Investigation Be Re-Opened After It Was Closed?
- Under The Pobar Act Can An Officer Be Re-Assigned During An Investigation?
- Under The Pobar Act Can The Officer's Representative Participate?
- Under The Pobar Act Does The Officer Have The Right To Representation?
- Under The Pobar Act How Long After The Investigation, Does The Employer Have To Wait To Impose Discipline?
- What Information Is The Officer Entitled To Under The Pobar Act?
- What Is Required Of An Administrative Appeal Under The Pobar Act?
- What Type Of Questioning Or Interview Is Considered An Interrogation Under The Pobar Act?
- Are There Training Programs Available To Help Individuals Entering The Workforce?
- Does The Edd Have Any Type Of Program To Assist Me In Finding Employment?
- Who Do I Contact With Questions On Labor Laws?
- How Do I File A Wage Claim?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Wage Claim?
- What is the minimum wage in California?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Is There A Law Regarding Required Paydays?
- Are Undocumented Workers Protected By California Labor Laws?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Jobs?
- Are There Restrictions On A Minors Work Hours?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- Am I Eligible For Benefits If Am Fired Or Quit?
- When Should I Apply For Ui Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To File A Claim?
- How Do I Receive Payments?
- How Do I End My Claim For Benefits?
- Are Vacation And Holiday Pay Deducted From My Benefits?
- What Is A Partial Claim?
- How Do Employees File Partial Claims?
- Can I Appeal A Denial Of Unemployment Benefits?
- Please Explain The Work Opportunity And Welfare To Work Tax Credit (Wotc).
- What Is The Process For Applying For Wotc?
- How Does An Employee File A Complaint For Employment Discrimination?
- Is There A Time Limit For Filing A Discrimination Complaint?
- What Remedies Are Available For Employment Discrimination?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- For What Reasons May An Employee Take Leave Under The California Family Rights Act (Cfra)?
- How Long May A Woman Be Off Work For Pregnancy?
- Who Is Eligible For State Disability Insurance?
- Can I Collect Sdi And Unemployment Insurance At The Same Time?
- How Many Days Must You Be Off Work To Receive Sdi Benefits?
- How Long Can I Collect Sdi Benefits?
- How Much Unemployment Compensation Can I Receive?
- Must I Pay Taxes On My Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- Can Individuals Who Are Not U.S. Citizens Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?