How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
To be eligible for benefits, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Out of work due to no fault of your own;
2. Physically able to work;
3. Actively seeking work;
4. Ready to accept work.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- California Employment Law
- What Does The State Of California Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill Of Rights Act (Pobar) Govern?
- Who Does The Pobar Act Cover?
- What Administrative Body May Impose Remedies For A Violation Of The Pobar Act?
- Does The Pobar Act Apply If An Officer Is Interrogated By An Outside Agency?
- How Do Self-Incrimination And The Lybarger Warning Affect An Interrogation Under The Pobar Act?
- How Does The Pobar Act Apply To Interrogations By The Press Or Media?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Adverse Entries Into An Officer's Personnel File?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Employer Searches And The Officer's
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat Polygraph Examinations?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat The Officer's Right To An Administrative Appeal?
- How Does The Pobar Act Treat The Right Of Privacy Of Personal Property?
- Under The Pobar Act Can The Officer's Representative Be Forced To Disclose Everything?
- Under The Pobar Act How Long Can An Employer Take To Conduct An Investigation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules For The Scheduling Of An Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules Regarding The Nature Of The Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Are There Rules Regarding The Recording Of An Interrogation?
- Under The Pobar Act Can A Statement At The Interrogation Be Admissible In Civil Proceedings?
- Under The Pobar Act Can An Investigation Be Re-Opened After It Was Closed?
- Under The Pobar Act Can An Officer Be Re-Assigned During An Investigation?
- Under The Pobar Act Can The Officer's Representative Participate?
- Under The Pobar Act Does The Officer Have The Right To Representation?
- Under The Pobar Act How Long After The Investigation, Does The Employer Have To Wait To Impose Discipline?
- What Information Is The Officer Entitled To Under The Pobar Act?
- What Is Required Of An Administrative Appeal Under The Pobar Act?
- What Type Of Questioning Or Interview Is Considered An Interrogation Under The Pobar Act?
- Are There Training Programs Available To Help Individuals Entering The Workforce?
- Does The Edd Have Any Type Of Program To Assist Me In Finding Employment?
- Who Do I Contact With Questions On Labor Laws?
- How Do I File A Wage Claim?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Wage Claim?
- What is the minimum wage in California?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Is There A Law Regarding Required Paydays?
- Are Undocumented Workers Protected By California Labor Laws?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Jobs?
- Are There Restrictions On A Minors Work Hours?
- Am I Eligible For Benefits If Am Fired Or Quit?
- When Should I Apply For Ui Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Benefits?
- What Information Do I Need To File A Claim?
- How Do I Receive Payments?
- How Do I End My Claim For Benefits?
- What Should I Do If I Receive An Overpayment?
- Are Vacation And Holiday Pay Deducted From My Benefits?
- What Is A Partial Claim?
- How Do Employees File Partial Claims?
- Can I Appeal A Denial Of Unemployment Benefits?
- Please Explain The Work Opportunity And Welfare To Work Tax Credit (Wotc).
- What Is The Process For Applying For Wotc?
- How Does An Employee File A Complaint For Employment Discrimination?
- Is There A Time Limit For Filing A Discrimination Complaint?
- What Remedies Are Available For Employment Discrimination?
- What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
- For What Reasons May An Employee Take Leave Under The California Family Rights Act (Cfra)?
- How Long May A Woman Be Off Work For Pregnancy?
- Who Is Eligible For State Disability Insurance?
- Can I Collect Sdi And Unemployment Insurance At The Same Time?
- How Many Days Must You Be Off Work To Receive Sdi Benefits?
- How Long Can I Collect Sdi Benefits?
- How Much Unemployment Compensation Can I Receive?
- Must I Pay Taxes On My Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- Can Individuals Who Are Not U.S. Citizens Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?