What Are My Options If I Have Been Denied Unemployment Benefits?
You have the right to appeal the Determination issued by the Employment Security Department. Contact any ESD office or the Arkansas Appeal Tribunal. An appeal must be in writing and should include the Social Security Number and the name of the claimant in the case. A copy of the determination being appealed should be attached to the appeal. The appellant may file an appeal by letter or by using an ARKAT213 Request for Appeal to Appeal Tribunal form.
The Appeal Tribunal or an AESD Local Office must receive your appeal within the 20day appeal period shown on the Determination. Remember that you must continue to file weekly claims during the appeals process. If a decision in an appeal case allows a claimant benefits, benefits will be payable only for any week for which the claimant filed a valid weekly claim form.
At the Appeal Tribunal level, the parties will have a reasonable opportunity for a hearing before a hearing officer, followed by the officer's decision on the appeal.
A further appeal may be made to the Arkansas Board of Review using form ARKBR100 Request for Appeal to Board of Review. The appeal must be filed within twenty days after the mailing of the Decision of the Appeals Tribunal. It may be filed, in person or by mail, at any AESD office, at the Appeal Tribunal office, or at the Board of Review. After the Board has reviewed the complete record of evidence as forwarded by the Appeal Tribunal and any additional evidence the Board may have directed to be taken in further hearing, the Board will reach a decision in the case and mail it to the parties.
All final decisions of the Board of Review are appealable to the Arkansas Court of Appeals. Appeals must be filed within twenty calendar days after the mailing date of the Decision of the Board of Review.
Contact information is as follows:
ARKANSAS APPEAL TRIBUNAL
P.O. Box 8013
100 Main Street Building, Suite 460
Little Rock, AR 72203
Telephone Numbers: (501) 6821063
Inquiries: (501) 6821063
Voice Mail for Responding to Notice of Telephone Hearing: (800) 6376110
Fax: (501) 6827734
ARKANSAS BOARD OF REVIEW
P.O. Box 8016
Little Rock, AR 72203
Telephone Numbers: (501) 6834300
Fax: (501) 6834310
ARKANSAS COURT OF APPEALS
625 Marshall Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Can You Explain The Arkansas New Hire Program?
- Who Must Report?
- Who Must Be Reported?
- When Does An Employer Report This Information?
- What Information Must Be Reported?
- What Is The Process For Reporting New Hires?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On The New Hire Program?
- What is the minimum wage in Arkansas?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Overtime?
- What Are The Requirements For A Business To Be Covered By State Wage And Hour Laws As Opposed To Federal Laws?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch Or Rest Breaks?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me For No Reason?
- Is My Employer Required By Law To Provide Me With My Personnel Records If Requested?
- What Kinds Of Employers Are Covered By The Arkansas Occupational Health And Safety Regulations?
- What Can I Do To Insure I Am In Compliance With Federal Osha Regulations Without Hiring A Private Consultant?
- How Do I File For Unemployment Compensation?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arkansas Uc Taxes?
- How Are Wages Reported?