Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
An employment certificate is required for minors under the age of 16. The certificate is issued by the Department of Labor. Application requires submission of proof of age, a description of the work and work schedule, and written consent of the parent or guardian.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Can You Explain The Arkansas New Hire Program?
- Who Must Report?
- Who Must Be Reported?
- When Does An Employer Report This Information?
- What Information Must Be Reported?
- What Is The Process For Reporting New Hires?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On The New Hire Program?
- What is the minimum wage in Arkansas?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Overtime?
- What Are The Requirements For A Business To Be Covered By State Wage And Hour Laws As Opposed To Federal Laws?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch Or Rest Breaks?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me For No Reason?
- Is My Employer Required By Law To Provide Me With My Personnel Records If Requested?
- What Kinds Of Employers Are Covered By The Arkansas Occupational Health And Safety Regulations?
- What Can I Do To Insure I Am In Compliance With Federal Osha Regulations Without Hiring A Private Consultant?
- How Do I File For Unemployment Compensation?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- What Are My Options If I Have Been Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arkansas Uc Taxes?
- How Are Wages Reported?