How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
You can file for weekly unemployment insurance benefits by telephone using Arkansas's Interactive Voice Response System (ArkLine):
ArkLine is available for filing weekly claims Monday through Friday form 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 12:01 am to 6:00 pm. You can also use Arkline to get general information, or inquire about your claim.
To file weekly claims by telephone, you will need the following:
your social security number,
a personal identification number or PIN,
your total gross earnings and hours worked for the week you are claiming.
You will not draw a check for the first week after you file. A claimant's unemployment insurance weekly benefit amount is determined by the wages that individual has earned in approximately the last eighteen months preceding the filing of the unemployment insurance claim. Twentysix weeks is the longest you can draw unemployment benefits.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- Can You Explain The Arkansas New Hire Program?
- Who Must Report?
- Who Must Be Reported?
- When Does An Employer Report This Information?
- What Information Must Be Reported?
- What Is The Process For Reporting New Hires?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On The New Hire Program?
- What is the minimum wage in Arkansas?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Overtime?
- What Are The Requirements For A Business To Be Covered By State Wage And Hour Laws As Opposed To Federal Laws?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch Or Rest Breaks?
- Can My Employer Terminate Me For No Reason?
- Is My Employer Required By Law To Provide Me With My Personnel Records If Requested?
- What Kinds Of Employers Are Covered By The Arkansas Occupational Health And Safety Regulations?
- What Can I Do To Insure I Am In Compliance With Federal Osha Regulations Without Hiring A Private Consultant?
- How Do I File For Unemployment Compensation?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Are My Options If I Have Been Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arkansas Uc Taxes?
- How Are Wages Reported?