What Role Does Government Play In Registered Apprenticeship?
The State of Arizona is authorized, in cooperation with the federal government, to oversee apprenticeship programs registered in the state. The Arizona apprenticeship registration agency, the Arizona Department of Commerce Apprenticeship Division, is responsible for:
Registering apprenticeship programs that meet state and federal standards; Protecting the safety and welfare of apprentices; Issuing nationally recognized and portable Certificates of Completion to graduate apprentices; Promoting the development of new programs through marketing and technical assistance; Assuring that all programs provide high quality training; Assuring that all programs produce skilled, competent workers.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- What is the minimum wage in Arizona?
- Is There Any Payday Regulation In Arizona?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- What Are The Criteria For Establishing Whether I Have A Valid Claim For Constructive Discharge?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Join A Labor Union?
- What Is The Arizona Job Training Program?
- What Industries Currently Participate In Registered Apprenticeship?
- Who Should Employers Contact To Develop A Registered Apprenticeship Program?
- How Long Do I Have To Work To Be Eligible For Benefits?
- How Soon After I Am Unemployed Can I File For Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit My Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation?
- How Do I Get A Personal Identification Number (Pin)
- What Happens After The Initial Claim Application Has Been Filed?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arizona Unemployment Taxes?
- How Much Must An Employer Pay In Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Jobs Administration?
- What Are The Guidelines For Drug Testing?
- For What Purpose Can An Employer Require Drug Testing?