As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arizona Unemployment Taxes?
If you meet one of the following conditions, you are required to pay unemployment taxes:
Pay wages of at least $1,500 during a calendar quarter, or;
employ at least one worker for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
acquire the business or part of the business of an employer subject to unemployment taxes, or;
are required to pay Federal Unemployment Tax because you employed individuals in another state(s) for any other reason, or;
own or control two or more businesses in Arizona which together meet any of the other conditions described here, or;
pay domestic workers at least $1000 cash wages in a calendar quarter, or;
pay agricultural workers at least $20,000 cash wages in a calendar quarter, or employ at least 10 agricultural workers for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
are a nonprofit organization exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and employ 4 or more workers for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
voluntarily elect to provide unemployment coverage to your workers even though it is not required, or;
are a leasing or temporary services business which leases or provides workers to other businesses, or;
are an Indian tribe including any subdivision, subsidiary, or business enterprise wholly owned by such Indian tribe.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Arizona Employment Law
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- What is the minimum wage in Arizona?
- Is There Any Payday Regulation In Arizona?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- What Are The Criteria For Establishing Whether I Have A Valid Claim For Constructive Discharge?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Join A Labor Union?
- What Is The Arizona Job Training Program?
- What Role Does Government Play In Registered Apprenticeship?
- What Industries Currently Participate In Registered Apprenticeship?
- Who Should Employers Contact To Develop A Registered Apprenticeship Program?
- How Long Do I Have To Work To Be Eligible For Benefits?
- How Soon After I Am Unemployed Can I File For Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit My Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation?
- How Do I Get A Personal Identification Number (Pin)
- What Happens After The Initial Claim Application Has Been Filed?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- How Much Must An Employer Pay In Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Jobs Administration?
- What Are The Guidelines For Drug Testing?
- For What Purpose Can An Employer Require Drug Testing?