As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arizona Unemployment Taxes?
If you meet one of the following conditions, you are required to pay unemployment taxes:
Pay wages of at least $1,500 during a calendar quarter, or;
employ at least one worker for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
acquire the business or part of the business of an employer subject to unemployment taxes, or;
are required to pay Federal Unemployment Tax because you employed individuals in another state(s) for any other reason, or;
own or control two or more businesses in Arizona which together meet any of the other conditions described here, or;
pay domestic workers at least $1000 cash wages in a calendar quarter, or;
pay agricultural workers at least $20,000 cash wages in a calendar quarter, or employ at least 10 agricultural workers for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
are a nonprofit organization exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and employ 4 or more workers for some part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in a calendar year, or;
voluntarily elect to provide unemployment coverage to your workers even though it is not required, or;
are a leasing or temporary services business which leases or provides workers to other businesses, or;
are an Indian tribe including any subdivision, subsidiary, or business enterprise wholly owned by such Indian tribe.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- What is the minimum wage in Arizona?
- Is There Any Payday Regulation In Arizona?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- What Are The Criteria For Establishing Whether I Have A Valid Claim For Constructive Discharge?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Join A Labor Union?
- What Is The Arizona Job Training Program?
- What Role Does Government Play In Registered Apprenticeship?
- What Industries Currently Participate In Registered Apprenticeship?
- Who Should Employers Contact To Develop A Registered Apprenticeship Program?
- How Long Do I Have To Work To Be Eligible For Benefits?
- How Soon After I Am Unemployed Can I File For Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit My Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation?
- How Do I Get A Personal Identification Number (Pin)
- What Happens After The Initial Claim Application Has Been Filed?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- How Much Must An Employer Pay In Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Jobs Administration?
- What Are The Guidelines For Drug Testing?
- For What Purpose Can An Employer Require Drug Testing?