Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
Employment of minors under the age of sixteen must be confined to:
1. Not more than forty hours in any one week when the person is not enrolled in a session of school or when school is not in session.
2. Not more than eighteen hours in any one week when the person is enrolled in any session of school when school is in session.
3. Not more than eight hours in any one day when the person is not enrolled in a session of school or on a day when school is not in session.
4. Not more than three hours in any one day when the person is enrolled in any session of school on a day when school is in session.
5. Minors under the age of sixteen may not be employed at night nor shall they be employed in solicitation sales or deliveries on a doortodoor basis between 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on days preceding a day when school is in session and between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. on days preceding a day when school is not in session.
These provisions do not apply to persons who deliver newspapers to a consumer.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- What is the minimum wage in Arizona?
- Is There Any Payday Regulation In Arizona?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- What Are The Criteria For Establishing Whether I Have A Valid Claim For Constructive Discharge?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Join A Labor Union?
- What Is The Arizona Job Training Program?
- What Role Does Government Play In Registered Apprenticeship?
- What Industries Currently Participate In Registered Apprenticeship?
- Who Should Employers Contact To Develop A Registered Apprenticeship Program?
- How Long Do I Have To Work To Be Eligible For Benefits?
- How Soon After I Am Unemployed Can I File For Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Benefits If I Quit My Job?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation?
- How Do I Get A Personal Identification Number (Pin)
- What Happens After The Initial Claim Application Has Been Filed?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Arizona Unemployment Taxes?
- How Much Must An Employer Pay In Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Jobs Administration?
- What Are The Guidelines For Drug Testing?
- For What Purpose Can An Employer Require Drug Testing?