How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
After your claim is filed with a UI Call Center and entered in the computer for processing, you will receive a monetary determination. A monetary determination indicates the amount of benefits you may be eligible to receive and how many weeks the benefits will last.
Unemployment benefit amounts are dependent on the amount of wages that you earned during your base period. The benefits range from $44 $248 per week, with an additional $24 per dependent child. You may claim up to three dependent children, for a maximum of $72 of dependent allowance. To be eligible for maximum benefits, you must have earned at least $26,500 during your base period.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage In Alaska?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Can My Employer Require Me To Work Overtime?
- Must My Employer Pay Me For Sick Time Or Vacation Time?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch And Rest Breaks?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Wage Claim?
- Must Fishing Industry Employees Have A Written Contract?
- How Do The Wage And Hour Laws Apply To The Fishing Industry?
- Do Alaska Wage And Hour Laws Apply Outside The Three-Mile Limit For Fishing Claims?
- What Is The Little Davis-Bacon Act?
- What Types Of Projects Are Covered By The Little Davis-Bacon Act?
- How Often Do I Have To Pay My Employees On A Public Construction Project?
- How Do I Register An Employee As An Apprentice?
- Does My Foreman Have To Be Paid Prevailing Rates Of Pay?
- How Do I Know Whether Or Not The Ldba Applies To A Specific Project?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Base Period?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation Benefits?
- How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits While I Am Attending School?
- Can I Get Assistance With Finding Employment?
- What Will Happen If I Draw Unemployment Benefits While I Am Working?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Compensation Benefits?
- Should I Continue To File My Biweekly Certifications While Waiting For The Appeal Hearing/Decision?
- What Types Of Evidence Will Be Useful At The Hearing?
- When Will I Receive A Final Decision On My Appeal?
- Do I Need To Pay Employment Security Tax If I Am Self Employed?
- How Are Rates Calculated?
- Where Can I Obtain My Quarterly Contribution Report Form?
- What Is The Fishermans Fund?
- How Do I Qualify For Benefits?
- What Are The Benefit Limits?