How Long Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits?
Your benefit year begins the Sunday preceding the date you file your claim and ends 52 weeks later on a Saturday. During those 52 weeks a person can receive a minimum of 16 weeks to a maximum of 26 weeks of benefits depending on their wages in the base period. The duration of your claim and weekly benefit amount will be shown on the monetary determination of eligibility that is mailed to you.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage In Alaska?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Can My Employer Require Me To Work Overtime?
- Must My Employer Pay Me For Sick Time Or Vacation Time?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch And Rest Breaks?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Wage Claim?
- Must Fishing Industry Employees Have A Written Contract?
- How Do The Wage And Hour Laws Apply To The Fishing Industry?
- Do Alaska Wage And Hour Laws Apply Outside The Three-Mile Limit For Fishing Claims?
- What Is The Little Davis-Bacon Act?
- What Types Of Projects Are Covered By The Little Davis-Bacon Act?
- How Often Do I Have To Pay My Employees On A Public Construction Project?
- How Do I Register An Employee As An Apprentice?
- Does My Foreman Have To Be Paid Prevailing Rates Of Pay?
- How Do I Know Whether Or Not The Ldba Applies To A Specific Project?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Minors Prohibited From Any Specific Occupations?
- Are There Regulations For The Hours A Minor May Be Employed?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Base Period?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Compensation Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- What Is The Extended Benefit Program?
- How Do Earnings Affect My Unemployment Benefits?
- Can I Receive Unemployment Benefits While I Am Attending School?
- Can I Get Assistance With Finding Employment?
- What Will Happen If I Draw Unemployment Benefits While I Am Working?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Compensation Benefits?
- Should I Continue To File My Biweekly Certifications While Waiting For The Appeal Hearing/Decision?
- What Types Of Evidence Will Be Useful At The Hearing?
- When Will I Receive A Final Decision On My Appeal?
- Do I Need To Pay Employment Security Tax If I Am Self Employed?
- How Are Rates Calculated?
- Where Can I Obtain My Quarterly Contribution Report Form?
- What Is The Fishermans Fund?
- How Do I Qualify For Benefits?
- What Are The Benefit Limits?