How do I get my license reinstated after a DWI in Missouri?

If you need to drive to work or as part of your job, to school or to medical care, you may be eligible for a hardship driver's license. An attorney can help you to determine if this is an option in your case. A license suspension or revocation lasts for a fixed period of time. At the end of that period, your license does not automatically come back to you. It's up to you to apply for reinstatement.

Reinstatement Requirements:
• Paying a $45 fee;
• Submitting  a form showing you completed a Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program (SATOP) or comparable program;
• Provide proof of insurance for two years (SR-22 filing);and
• Have an ignition interlock device (IID) installed on any vehicle you operate for at least six months from date of reinstatement.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Drunk Driving Articles

Search LawInfo's Drunk Driving Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More